Pinellas Trails, Inc.
Pinellas Trails, Inc.
Meetings are Open for Everyone to Attend
Agenda / Minutes:
Trail goers may think they are miles from civilization along some parts of the Fred Marquis Pinellas Trail, located in Pinellas County Florida. Travel through deep glades of live oaks, trailing Spanish moss, and tidal streams teeming with wildlife. The Trail also leads to a number of County, City, and State parks along its route. Currently the trail is nearly 60 miles in length. Trail Guide
The purpose of The Friends of The Pinellas Trail group is to share our fun experiences, advocacy for trail history, and information about the Pinellas Trail. Members are encouraged to ask questions, post lots of cool old and current photos on our Facebook page, and share their enjoyment and experiences about the Pinellas Trail.
Pinellas Trails, Inc. exists to support, enhance, and protect the Pinellas Trail now and for future generations.
All members of Pinellas Trails, Inc. are volunteers. Specific questions regarding the organization or its membership should be directed to any board member at email@example.com.
A 501c3 not-for-profit corporation.
Our mailing address is:
- Pinellas Trails, Inc.
PO Box 356
Clearwater, FL 33757-0356
- President - Scott Daniels
- Vice President - Jan Hirschfield
- Treasurer - Chip Freeman
- Secretary - Richard Valentine
- At-Large Members (1 Year Term):
- Mark Glendon
- Bob Glenn
- Dan Kramer
- Debra Kramer
- Bill Romanski
- Phyllis Romanski
- Bert Valery
- Donna Valery
- Jim Wedlake
An ongoing, cooperative effort between Pinellas County Parks & Conservation Resources Department and Pinellas Trails, Inc. exists in order to provide the desired amenities. Pinellas Trails, Inc. has been actively involved in promoting the addition of amenities and makes recommendations for additional items and raises funds for the purchase and installation of new amenities.
- Pinellas County purchases and installs major trail amenities relating to trail access and parking, and is managed by Parks and Conservation Resources as part of the overall county parks plan. These amenities include:
- Rest stops (enclosed buildings with restrooms and lavatories, beverages, bicycle racks, flag poles, litter receptacles, lighting, telephones, trail maps, and water fountains)
- Parking plazas (paved parking for 10 cars at access points along the trail), which include benches, litter receptacles, signage, and trail map stations
- Nature paths (300 yards of natural mulch paths looping around various scenic areas)
- Access paths (100 ft. x 4 ft. natural paths from point-of-entry to asphalt)
Pinellas Trails, Inc. supports and encourages the use of art to enhance and beautify the Pinellas Trail. Information about artwork currently seen on the Pinellas Trail can be found here.
Auxiliary Ranger Program:
Pinellas Trails, Inc. supports the volunteer Pinellas County Parks & Conservation Resources Departmentls Auxiliary Ranger Program. Information about the volunteer ranger program, or other volunteer opportunities, can be found at: Pinellas County Volunteer Services