Pinellas Trails, Inc.
Pinellas Trails, Inc.
Next Meeting: TBA
Meetings are Open for Everyone to Attend
Agenda / Minutes:
In the News:
Trail goers may think they're miles from civilization along some parts of the Fred Marquis Pinellas Trail, located in Pinellas County Florida. Travel through deep glades of live oaks, trailing Spanish moss, and tidal streams teeming with wildlife. The Trail also leads to a number of County, City, and State parks along its route. Currently the trail is 47 miles in length. Trail Guide
The purpose of The Friends of The Pinellas Trail group is to share our fun experiences, advocacy for trail history, and information about the Pinellas Trail. Members are encouraged to ask questions, post lots of cool old and current photos on our Facebook page, and share their enjoyment and experiences about the Pinellas Trail.
Come Join the Fun!
We have the results of the recent Penny for Pinellas survey taken by the county to determine what projects our citizens would like to see undertaken.
- Water Quality & Flood/Sewer Spill Prevention 19.7%
- Improvements to Roads & Bridges 17.8%
- Parks & Environment 12.0%
- Recreational/Community Facilities 10.3%
- Pedestrian/Cyclist Safety Projects 9.4%
- Public Safety Facilities and Equipment 9.4%
- More Housing Opportunities 6.3%
- Economic Vitality 5.4%
- Other 4.8%
NOTE: Percentages above do not add up to 100% because not all survey respondents allocated all 25 pennies in the prioritization exercise.
Pinellas Trails, Inc. exists to support, enhance, and protect the Pinellas Trail now and for future generations.
All members of Pinellas Trails, Inc. are volunteers. Specific questions regarding the organization or its membership should be directed to any board member at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A 501c3 not-for-profit corporation.
Our mailing address is:
- Pinellas Trails, Inc.
PO Box 356
Clearwater, FL 33757-0356
- President - Scott Daniels
- Vice President - Jan Hirschfield
- Treasurer - Chip Freeman
- Secretary - Richard Valentine
- At-Large Members (1 Year Term):
- Mark Glendon
- Bob Glenn
- Dan Kramer
- Debra Kramer
- Bill Romanski
- Phyllis Romanski
- Bert Valery
- Donna Valery
- Jim Wedlake
Cuma Glennon Beirne
It is with profound regret that we announce the passing of Cuma Glennon Beirne, on March 29, 2018.
Cuma was a remarkable woman whose talents, personality and leadership enabled her to be creative, welcoming, inspirational and caring! Cuma's three daughters, grandchildren and husband, Joe, knew how very special she was. Every person Cuma ever met remembers each time they were with her, talked to her and will always have those memories and will smile when they remember her and all she accomplished in her life. "Rarely do we meet someone like Cuma, but when we do, we know she will touch our lives and our hearts forever", shared Scott Daniels. "Cuma was our Pinellas Trails, Inc.'s original executive director and her dedication, commitment and charming personality was special and effective!". The continued success of The Pinellas Trail and many other Pinellas County community organizations all have "Cuma's handprint" on them. She has left a legacy throughout Pinellas County. "We will all miss her very much!"
An ongoing, cooperative effort between Pinellas County Parks & Conservation Resources Department and Pinellas Trails, Inc. exists in order to provide the desired amenities. Pinellas Trails, Inc. has been actively involved in promoting the addition of amenities and makes recommendations for additional items and raises funds for the purchase and installation of new amenities.
- Pinellas County purchases and installs major trail amenities relating to trail access and parking, and is managed by Parks and Conservation Resources as part of the overall county parks plan. These amenities include:
- Rest stops (enclosed buildings with restrooms and lavatories, beverages, bicycle racks, flag poles, litter receptacles, lighting, telephones, trail maps, and water fountains).
- Parking plazas (paved parking for 10 cars at access points along the trail), which include benches, litter receptacles, signage, and trail map stations.
- Nature paths (300 yards of natural mulch paths looping around various scenic areas).
- Access paths (100 ft. x 4 ft. natural paths from point-of-entry to asphalt).
Pinellas Trails, Inc. supports and encourages the use of art to enhance and beautify the Pinellas Trail. Information about artwork currently seen on the Pinellas Trail can be found here.
Auxiliary Ranger Program:
Pinellas Trails, Inc. supports the volunteer Pinellas County Parks & Conservation Resources Departmentís Auxiliary Ranger Program. Information about the volunteer ranger program, or other volunteer opportunities, can be found at this link: Pinellas County Volunteer Services