Pinellas Trails, Inc.
Pinellas Trails Inc.
August 3, 2016
Clearwater Main Library
Please Note: this location is different from our usual meeting location!!
Everyone Is Invited To Attend
Trail goers may think they're miles from civilization along some parts of the Pinellas County Fred Marquis Pinellas Trail, as they travel through deep glades of live oaks, trailing Spanish moss, tidal streams teeming with wildlife. The Trail also leads to a number of County, City and State parks along its route.
Pinellas Trails, Inc. exists to support, enhance and protect the Pinellas Trail now and for future generations.
All members of Pinellas Trails, Inc. are volunteers. Specific questions regarding the organization or its membership, should be directed to any board member at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A 501c3 not-for-profit corporation.
Our mailing address is:
- Pinellas Trails, Inc.
PO Box 356
Clearwater, FL 33757-0356
- President - Jan Hirschfield
- Vice President - Scott Daniels
- Treasurer - Chip Freeman
- Secretary - Richard Valentine
- At-Large Members (1 Year Term):
- Mark Glendon
- Bob Glenn
- Dan Kramer
- Debra Kramer
- Bill Romanski
- Phyllis Romanski
- Bert Valery
- Donna Valery
- Jim Wedlake
An ongoing, cooperative effort between Pinellas County Parks & Conservation Resources Department and Pinellas Trails, Inc. exists in order to provide the desired amenities. Pinellas Trails, Inc. has been actively involved in promoting the addition of amenities and makes recommendations for additional items and raises funds for the purchase and installation of new amenities.
- Pinellas County purchases and installs major trail amenities relating to trail access, parking and is managed by Parks and Conservation Resources as part of the overall county parks plan. These amenities include:
- Rest stops (enclosed buildings with restrooms and lavatories, beverages, bicycle racks, flag poles, litter receptacles, lighting, telephones, trail maps and water fountains.)
- Parking plazas (paved parking for 10 cars at access points along the trail) which include benches, litter receptacles, signage, and trail map stations.
- Nature paths (300 yards of natural mulch paths looping around various scenic areas.
- Access paths (100 ft. x 4 ft. natural paths from point-of-entry to asphalt.)
Pinellas Trails, Inc. supports and encourages the use of art to enhance and beautify the Pinellas Trail. Information about artwork currently seen on the Pinellas Trail can be found here.
Auxiliary Ranger Program:
Pinellas Trails Inc. supports the volunteer Pinellas County Parks & Conservation Resources Departmentís Auxiliary Ranger Program. Information about the volunteer ranger program or other volunteer opportunities, can be found at this link: Pinellas County Volunteer Services